0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Students must be enrolled in the MADA Doctor of Philosophy (course code 1322)
Research Methods 2 examines theory models and investigative methods in contemporary research. The candidate develops a conceptual framework of studio research and exegesis or thesis that identifies the relations between research intention and research method.
Upon successful completion of this unit candidates will:
- Have further developed the discursive approach to the subject of their research and its field of inquiry;
- Have further developed the critical understanding of methodologies in contemporary research;
- Be able to argue the logic of their research process;
- Be able to situate the relevance of their research within a contemporary context;
- Have further developed the forms, languages and conventions applicable to their research;
- Have developed the conceptual framework, research design and logic of their research process to sustain an exegetical or thesis elaboration of their research.
100% in-semester assessment
10 hours per week including 2 contact hours plus 8 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information