This course has been especially designed to offer the opportunity for advanced study in one of the specialist business areas offered by the departments of the Faculty of Business and Economics. The honours program presents a structured introduction to conducting research and is useful if you are considering further study at a higher level. You will also learn how to conduct business-related research at an advanced level.
Honours - Course
This course entry applies to students commencing this course in 2019 and should be read in conjunction with information provided in the 'Faculty information' section of this Handbook by the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Other commencement years for this course: 2018, 2017, 2016 and more
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
School of Business and Economics, Telephone: +27 11 950 4020, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission and fees
1 year FT
You have a maximum of 2 years to complete this course including any periods of intermission and suspension, and must be continuously enrolled throughout.
Mode and location
On-campus (South Africa)
Bachelor of Business Science (Honours)
These course outcomes are aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate AttributesAustralian Qualifications Framework level 8 and Monash Graduate Attributes (http://monash.edu/pubs/handbooks/alignmentofoutcomes.html).
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- have a specialist knowledge and understanding of the information, concepts and principles applicable to the selected subject
- apply comprehensive and systematic knowledge of advanced research theory to real world contexts
- appreciate the different approaches to research problems facing developing countries in a globalised context
- communicate ideas and their understanding of their subject in both the spoken and written word
- possess a framework of knowledge against which new information and advances can be assessed and assimilated
- display ethical behaviour/principles in diverse situations.
- independently research topics in the field of management or marketing.
This course consists of a combination of coursework and research. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your discipline and appropriate research methodologies. In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor.
This course involves a fourth year of study in one or both undergraduate majors and consists of a combination of coursework and research. In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and/or technical knowledge of your discipline and appropriate research methodologies. In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points).
All units are 6 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
You must complete:
- BES4100 Research project and report (24 points)
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
You must complete:
Progression to further studies
Successful completion of this course may provide a pathway toward a Monash master's by coursework degree, and if admitted you may be eligible for credit.
Successful completion of this course may also provide a pathway to a higher degree by research.