This specialisation allows you to develop an advanced knowledge in signal processing, communications, digital systems and electronics. The specialisation has been designed around the common theme of embedded systems; special purpose computing systems designed for specific applications found in consumer electronics, transportation systems, medical equipment and sensor networks. The specialisation mixes theory and practice and contains a significant hands-on learning in laboratories and team-based design projects. The specialisation is suitable for new graduates, professionals and managers who are keen to upgrade their existing design and management skills as well as to develop advanced theoretical and applied knowledge in the area of electrical engineering.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering
Part C. Technical elective units (24 points)
Students admitted at entry level 1 complete four technical elective units (24 points) from their specialisation:
Students admitted at entry level 2 do not complete Part C.
Note: Not all units will be available each year.
- ECE4012Not offered in 2019 Applied digital signal processing
- ECE4023Not offered in 2019 Radio frequency electronics
- ECE4024Not offered in 2019 Wireless communications
- ECE4032 Advanced control
- ECE4033Not offered in 2019 Industrial instrumentation and measurement technologies
- ECE4042 Communications theory
- ECE4043 Optical communications
- ECE4044Not offered in 2019 Telecommunications protocols
- ECE4045 Network performance
- ECE4053 Electrical energy - generation and supply
- ECE4054Not offered in 2019 Electrical energy - power converters and motor control
- ECE4055 Electrical energy - power electronic applications
- ECE4058 Electrical energy - high voltage engineering
- ECE4063Not offered in 2019 Large scale digital design
- ECE4064Not offered in 2019 Electronic test technology
- ECE4074Not offered in 2019 Advanced computer architecture
- ECE4075 Real time embedded systems
- ECE4076 Computer vision
- ECE4077Not offered in 2019 Advanced computing techniques
- ECE4078Not offered in 2019 Intelligent robotics
- ECE4081 Medical instrumentation
- ECE4084Not offered in 2019 Biomechanics of human musculoskeletal systems
- ECE4086Not offered in 2019 Medical imaging technology
- ECE4087 Medical technology innovation
- ECE4122 Advanced electromagnetics
- ECE4808 Organic electronics and micro devices
- ECE4809Not offered in 2019 Solid state lighting
- ENG4700 Engineering technology for biomedical imaging and sensing
Part D. Specialisation core units (24 points)
All students complete four core units (24 points) from their specialisation:
Successful completion of this postgraduate specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- E6001 Master of Advanced Engineering
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.