Clinical pharmacy practice is the practice of pharmacy as part of a multidisciplinary healthcare team directed at achieving Quality Use of Medicines (QUM). This may include:
- participation in the management of individual patients
- application of the best available evidence in daily clinical practice
- contribution of clinical knowledge and skills to the healthcare team
- identification and reduction in risks associated with medicines use
- involvement in the education of patients, careers, and other health professionals;and involvement in research.