6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit allows students to undertake a work placement within their degree discipline for 12 weeks. Students will develop understanding and skills relevant to job planning, time management and the requirements of working with others in a position of responsibility. Through participation and analysis in the workplace the characteristics of an organisation that support the achievement of its goals will be identified as well as the external factors that impact on an organisation and its industry sector.
On successful completion of this unit students will demonstrate:
- A sound understanding of the requirements of working with others in a position of responsibility
- Well developed skills of job planning, time management and the organisation of work in a cooperative fashion
- Application of the knowledge and skills acquired during their academic studies to the requirements of the workplace
- An ability to set personal goals and to find and use the resources to pursue these goals in a way appropriate to the workplace
- An ability to identify the characteristics of an organisation that support achievement of its goals
- An ability to identify the external factors that impact on an organisation and its industry sector
Learning contract: 10% + Journal: 30% + Project: 60%
420 hours work placement, 39 hours independant study
See also Unit timetable information
Admission to the Cooperative Education Program and completion of 84 credit points in the Bachelor of Visual Arts, Gippsland Campus.