0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is structured to assist students in Planning and preparing for Supervised Professional Practice 1 (first Placement).
The unit consists of 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings.
Students complete Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements in this unit in order to proceed to a supervised professional practice placement.
The unit is a prerequisite for SWM5103
Upon successfully completing this unit students will be able to:
- Research and apply skills and knowledge which demonstrate judgement and defined responsibility in relation to Faculty and department compliance and readiness for placement
- Interpret and transmit knowledge, skills and ideas in a professional manner within tutorials and briefings
- Analyse, synthesise and reflect on the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supervised professional practice placement - the university, the student, and the host organisation by participating in tutorial/briefing activities
- Research and apply establish theories in relation to the service system with particular reference to Medicare and Centrelink by participating in tutorials/briefings
- Interpret and transmit the importance of supervision when undertaking supervised professional practice placement by participating in tutorial/briefings
- Analyse, synthesise and reflect on the importance of preparing effectively for supervised professional practice placement, by completing required tutorials/briefings, and mandatory Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements for placement.
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 1 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 2 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 3 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 4 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 5 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 6(hurdle)
Each hurdle builds on the previous hurdle
Students will participate in 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings, comprising a mix of in class and online activities (up to 14 hours)
See also Unit timetable information
Off-campus attendance requirements
Students will participate in 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings, comprising online activities (up to 14 hours)
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Must be enrolled in 3669, M6012, SWM5102