6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Project in the materials field involving a literature survey, experimental or theoretical program, preparation and presentation of a technical paper.
On successful completion of this unit, the student will:
- possess the knowledge of engineering fundamentals to choose, formulate, perform and interpret the results of a definite piece of work
- be able to communicate with peers, experts and the community at large the results and significance of the project
- possess a deeper understanding in at least one materials engineering topic
- be aware of OHSE and risk related consequences of chosen course of action
- possess an understanding of the connections between some sub-branches of engineering
- possess a wider appreciation of the professional and ethical requirements of materials engineering
Public oral presentation: 20%, Report: 40% and overall performance: 40%
One hour of consultation with supervisor per week.
See also Unit timetable information