6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is designed to develop the skills required to manage data in a dynamic, changing environment and produce data sets for analysis.
Students will be guided through data management from project inception to data set completion.
Practical skills will be developed through the completion of weekly data management tasks for a hypothetical study.
At the end of this unit students should be able to:
- Develop and implement a data management workflow from a project protocol
- Discover and appraise the data processes and pre-requisites of data linkage
- Interpret the role of data management in identifying and supporting operational KPIs
- Design and construct interim data reports
- Summarise the barriers to data quality and the impact upon analysis
- Apply new knowledge of data quality and monitoring to synthesize an analysis data set
- Apply knowledge and skills of user experience to create a data set handbook
- Online Exercise (10%)
- Operational Data Report (1500 words) (45%) (hurdle)
- Data Set Preparation Portfolio (3000 words) (45%) (hurdle)
Off-campus attendance requirements
2 block days.