6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Yunus Ali (First Semester)
Dr Yongfu He (Second Semester)
Competition in the global arena is increasingly dynamic. It is critical for businesses to achieve and sustain competitive advantage through maintaining effective and efficient global marketing operations. This unit aims to assist students in acquiring a deeper understanding of market opportunities and techniques to identify, develop, monitor and manage global marketing strategies in the international marketing environment.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- analyse the role of economic development international trade and, environmental factors in global marketing
- identify, evaluate and select attractive global markets
- apply marketing concepts and models in analysing and formulating global marketing plans
- critically assess strategic approaches used in global marketing
- develop and evaluate cohesive marketing strategies for organisations involved in global marketing and formulate global marketing programs for a hypothetical or real product and organisation.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Dr Yunus AliDr Yongfu He (Second Semester)
Students must be enrolled in one of the following courses: 2276, 4431, B6010, B6005, B6007 or seek Chief Examiner approval