6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit aims to give students first-hand experience of working in an industry in which they would like to be employed on graduation. Internships are designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate marketing theory with business practice. Separate internship programs are drawn up for each student
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- critically analyse a marketing activity
- evaluate the impact of a specific marketing theory within a business context
- evaluate the experience of working within an organisation
- communicate clearly and effectively with both business and academic stakeholders.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Approval to enrol in this unit will only be given after consultation with the unit leader. Students must have completed 24 credit points of marketing units.