6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Topics include the nature and environment of business marketing, buying process in business marketing, marketing intelligence and business market targeting, networking and relationship, planning a business marketing mix strategy, ethical issues in business marketing.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define and explain the dynamic nature of business marketing
- illustrate the organisational buying decision process and the role of buying centre in buying decisions
- develop competencies in business marketing strategy components
- demonstrate application of marketing theories and concepts in the management of business marketing functions
- critically evaluate the techniques that can be used to assess market opportunities.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must have passed MKG1120 or MKW1120 before undertaking this unit.