6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
The development of corporate marketing strategies; marketing planning procedure; evaluation and control in marketing planning; international case studies in corporate marketing planning and strategy; concepts of product management; designing a product strategy; monitoring planning/marketing.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define the relationship between corporate planning and marketing planning in a business environment
- demonstrate the relationship between corporate objective setting and marketing objective setting
- construct or prepare a marketing plan, which incorporates the specific elements of the marketing mix to achieve specific marketing objectives
- develop and enhance appropriate written and oral communications and analytical skills required for the effective presentation of a marketing plan
- understand how a marketing plan is implemented in practice.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information