6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Off-campus)
The development of corporate marketing strategies; marketing planning procedure; evaluation and control in marketing planning; international case studies in corporate marketing planning and strategy; concepts of product management; designing a product strategy; monitoring planning/marketing.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- define the relationship between corporate planning and marketing planning in a business environment
- demonstrate the relationship between corporate objective setting and marketing objective setting
- construct or prepare a marketing plan, which incorporates the specific elements of the marketing mix to achieve specific marketing objectives
- develop and enhance appropriate written and oral communications and analytical skills required for the effective presentation of a marketing plan
- understand how a marketing plan is implemented in practice.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must have passed one of MKW2402 or MKG2402 and MKW2420 or MKG2420 before undertaking this unit.