6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (On-campus split block of classes)
This unit is designed to provide an integrated approach to understanding strategic supply chain and marketing channel management issues. Managing channels of distribution is a critical strategic activity that can ensure effective market coverage and competitive advantage. In today's global high-tech market environment, with vastly shifting customer needs and shifts in balances of power, it is vital to develop sound knowledge and skills in in the design and management of marketing distribution channels and networks. The unit will address issues in both business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) markets.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate knowledge of key supply chain and distribution channel management theories, tools and techniques from a marketing perspective
- critically analyse the holistic relationship between supply chain and distribution channel management
- apply current supply chain and distribution channel management theory to marketing and distribution channel management strategies
- work effectively in teams, leadership, inter-personal, communication, and critical thinking capabilities.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must be enrolled in one of the following courses: 2276, 4431, B6010 or seek Chief Examiner approval