6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit forms the capstone of the marketing major and integrates the conceptual knowledge and skills developed in earlier marketing units and sharpens students' abilities to evaluate and implement marketing strategies. Particular emphasis is placed on implementing marketing, from action plans at the functional level through to creating a market oriented organisational culture.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- discuss the issues associated with implementing marketing and marketing strategies within an organisation
- advocate the role of marketing and a marketing orientation within organisations
- identify, analyse and apply appropriate measurement criteria to assess the implementation and effectiveness of marketing strategies
- recommend appropriate implementation, monitoring and control plans for functional level marketing strategies
- evaluate and demonstrate the contribution marketing makes within the organisation.
Within semester assessment: 50% + examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information