6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Andrew Cavanagh (Caulfield)
Mr Dylan Broomfield (City)
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
- Summer semester A 2017 (Day)
- Trimester A 2017 (Day)
- Trimester B 2017 (Day)
- Trimester C 2017 (Day)
The international environment including international trade and investment, and the legal, political, cultural and technological contexts faced by internationalising organisations; forms of operations available to the internationalising organisation; the impact of the multinational enterprise; international strategic planning.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- classify the key features and issues in the global environment in which international business takes place
- explain the impact that the environment has on the internationalisation process of a business organisation
- demonstrate an understanding of the role of entry mode choice and other strategic issues in order to succeed in international business.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information