6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
The integration and consolidation of prior learning is the chief aim of the Strategy capstone unit. Taking an executive-level approach to developing the strategic capabilities required of general managers and business leaders, this unit focuses on building the competencies to leverage knowledge across a wide range of business disciplines and functions. Drawing on multiple disciplines including accounting, finance, marketing, HR, data analysis and project management - as well as on the experiences of students in their strategy, enterprise and international business projects - the unit enables students to synthesise their understanding and leverage their acquired skills in strategy analysis, development and execution. Cases, simulations, leaders' forums and engagement with industry experts and practitioners will form part of the pedagogy.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- integrate and consolidate learning from earlier units and projects
- examine the strategy analysis, planning and implementation process
- critically analyse the multifaceted nature of strategy process in business and other organisations
- synthesise the intelligence from the complex and dynamic environment of business for business and corporate strategy
- demonstrate the ability to strategise in a dynamic business environment.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must be enrolled in B6016