12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
- Full year 2017 (Day)
- Summer semester A 2017 (Day)
- Summer semester B 2017 (Day)
This is a program of individual research and writing during two semesters on a legal topic or project which has been approved by the Chief Examiner after consultation with the proposed supervisor. It is expected that some of those topics or projects will be associated with opportunities for placements or internships in legal services in the private or government sectors, in Australia or overseas.
Student who successfully complete this unit should:
- have demonstrated the capacity to undertake independent legal research
- have displayed advanced analytical competence
- have further developed skills in the presentation of legal writing.
Research paper or papers (10000-12000 words): 100%
Please note that there is an application form for this unit, available at: http://www.law.monash.edu.au/current-students/resources/forms/index.html