9 points, SCA Band 1, 0.1875 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
To be advised
Not offered in 2017
This unit brings together all the studies that students have undertaken in the course. It provides the opportunity for students to demonstrate the capability to integrate all aspects of industrial design project work in a holistic design that demonstrates professional competence. Students are encouraged to think creatively to identify a marketing need, research and source relevant product data, develop a product design specification and undertake the design of a product proposal under supervision of academic staff. Project work is presented in a folio format, documented for production and final design proposals are also undertaken in detailed model form.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- integrate technical, aesthetic and symbolic factors involved in an industrial design project
- achieve a holistic design, which demonstrates professional competence and cultural awareness
- interact with industry and source relevant data
- research, select and specify components relevant to individual projects
- prepare viable design solutions for volume manufacture in accordance with project criteria
- demonstrate communication skills including the execution of detailed-scaled model/s for presentation purposes.
The Prato option entails additional travel and accommodation costs. 6 studio/tutorial hours and 12 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information