6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit introduces the topic of person/product user interface. The mechanical and electro-mechanical systems that determine the relationship between a user's action and its outcome. The unit focuses upon products, environments, and systems, defining their form as it relates to how they are used. The unit covers how these products will be situated socially and culturally.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- be able to analyse information and to interpret into a logical flow chart the information required for the operation of electronic and electro-mechanical products
- develop sensitivity to understanding user interface issues such as conceptual models, affordance and mapping between interface and functions, as well as creating feedback to actions
- develop and prepare a series of working graphic user interfaces from a given or developed database(s)
- understand and practice the rules of occupational health and safety in force in the industrial design studio
12 hours per week, including 3 hours studio contact and 9 independent study hours
See also Unit timetable information