18 points, SCA Band 2, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Interior Architecture Studio 8 is the culmination of the interior architecture studio stream. Students refine and apply the broad range of skills developed in preceding studios and associated units through the investigation of an independent design research project. The project is developed to express individual concerns and a platform for future professional endeavours.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- demonstrate a high level of proficiency and autonomy in interior architectural production
- identify and evaluate relevant research concepts, strategies and methods, and apply them in
- interior architecture and associated fields develop design briefs and strategies in relation to research agendas
- critically assess and apply contemporary design theories and practices within local and international contexts
- engage productively with reflective practices in design and integrate relevant skills developed throughout the course
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100 mixed mode
36 hours per week including 6 contact hours and 30 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information