6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Trimester 2 2017 (Off-campus block of classes)
- Trimester 2 2017 (Day)
This unit offers focused study of an aspect of interior architectural production. This is explored in relation to a range of historic, theoretical, material and speculative domains. Projects may address diverse social, cultural and technological perspectives. The unit will incorporate various methodologies for understanding interior architecture as a series of transformational practices.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have the ability to:
- examine, analyse and evaluate aspects of a focused study of interior architectural production
- engage creatively with interior architecture and related transformational practices
- select methods and strategies appropriate to a focused study of interior architectural production
- understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
100% Mixed Mode Assessment (includes progressive assessment and folio)
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent
See also Unit timetable information
Enrolled in the Bachelor of Interior Architecture and must have passed 72 credits