6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit deals with the practical aspects of making models in both studio and workshop, embracing workshop practices, various architectural modelling techniques and the safe use of selected manual/semi automated tools. Students undertake programmed exercises in modelmaking.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- have a knowledge of the range of modelling types and their applications
- to be able to make a variety of simple architectural models in the studio or workshop
- have a general understanding of fabrication techniques and finishing processes involved in the execution of prescribed architectural modelling projects
- have a working knowledge of the application and operation of selected manual and semi automatic equipment
- understand occupational health and safety policy requirements of the modelmaking workshop and studio environments and be able to demonstrate safe working practices on a selected range of equipment
- understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% + Students must also pass a safety test
12 hours per week, including; 4 workshop hours and 8 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information