6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
Issues of structuring, servicing and constructing spaces are introduced. Projects involve the use of a brief, analysis of requirements, design problem solving methods, synthesis of design resolutions and communication of design solutions. The primary concern in this unit is to overcome the project constraints in order to integrate the range of requirements and issues, and achieve a holistic design that addresses human needs.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- analyse a simple interior architecture brief
- understand the basic range of factors and issues that must be considered in interior architecture
- identify, explore and evaluate design options
- apply problem-solving methods, synthesise design resolutions and communicate solutions using models, presentation and technical drawings
- achieve an integrated holistic design at a basic level that addresses human needs.
Design projects: 90% Oral and written presentations: 10%
4 hours taught studio, plus 8 hours of independent study
See also Unit timetable information