6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
The aim of this unit is to provide opportunities for staff to develop knowledge and skills by focusing on issues relevant to their teaching contexts and disciplines. Participants are expected to complete five modules along with required assessment tasks. Credit may also be given to academic staff for attendance at relevant university seminars, however, these must be approved by the Unit Co-ordinator and must incorporate appropriate assessment. As part of their academic development, full-time staff currently employed by the faculty will also be encouraged to attend these workshops.
The learning goals are associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate approaches to the support of learning and teaching that influence, motivate and inspire students to learn;
- develop curricula, resources and services that reflect a command of the field of study;
- implement approaches to assessment, feedback and learning support that foster independent learning;
- employ strategies that demonstrate respect and support for the development of students as individuals;
- design scholarly activities or service innovations that influence and enhance learning and teaching.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must be enrolled in Graduate Certificate in Higher Education to undertake this unit.