6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use a range of software tools for development of a website and make the pages available by uploading them to a server;
- deliver optimised digital media online including: images, audio, and video;
- describe the role of internet standards and protocols, in particular the importance of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C);
- critique a company website for user experience design for accessibility according to W3C standards;
- write a proposal for a web development project including detailed planning of the technical implementation, visual design and costing all aspects of the process;
- work in a team with differentiated roles to create and publish a complex website.
In-semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Two hours of lectures
- One 2-hour studio
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours independent study per week for completing lab and project work, private study and revision.
See also Unit timetable information
FIT1012, MMS1402, MMS9401
Not available to Faculty of Information Technology students.