6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
FIT4000 is an extension unit for all FIT undergraduate Honours degree students, where appropriate. Entry only available on approval by the Associate Dean (Education) where exceptional circumstances have been determined.
On completion of the Honours thesis units, students should be able to:
- design a rigorous Bachelor Honours level research project and develop project proposal;
- critically review research literature, research design and reported findings;
- evaluate and select research methods and techniques of data collection and analysis appropriate to particular research designs, projects and disciplines;
- conduct ethical research;
- communicate research findings in written and oral form in research and industry settings.
Presentation and final thesis (normally 10,000 - 20,000 words): 100%
Varies according to remaining requirements. To be determined by Supervisor/Co-ordinator.
See also Unit timetable information
Associate Dean (Education) approval required.
Students are not permitted to enrol in this unit more than once.