6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Students will work actively in teams on the development of a multimedia or games application or exhibit. Using project planning/management skills along with other development procedures, students must then deliver a functional multimedia system or game, along with all requisite documentation, which integrates multimedia, programming, and technical knowledge in the development process. Requirements are fulfilled by the team producing an identified set of deliverables, usually a progress report, full system documentation, and functional project. The team must ensure that each deliverable is completed on schedule, with each member of the team demonstrating a significant contribution to the overall effort.
At the completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- develop a project management plan for delivering a multimedia/game application or product;
- create a game/multimedia application or product OR create a working prototype of a game/multimedia application or product;
- work collaboratively in a team environment;
- communicate project progress to stakeholders;
- document and report on project progress.
Practical Assignments: 100%. Assignments will include group and individual components.
Minimum total expected workload equals 12 hours per week comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- One 4-hour studio
- Additional requirements (all students):
- A minimum of 8 hours additional study per week for team meetings, client meetings, product development, preparation of project deliverables and process journal upkeep.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study