6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2017 (Day)
Students complete approximately twenty days of coursework on a wide variety of subjects taught at one of the Geoscience departments in the Melbourne area.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Conduct an independent research project in geosciences, including project planning, time management, and goal development;
- Describe the current research in one or more disciplines that will fit them for future research or employment;
- Communicate orally and in written form;
- Explain OHS and risk management as it pertains to geosciences research;
- Effectively and critically review the scientific literature.
Examinations, reports and seminar: 100%