6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
Students will undertake an investigation into civil and environmental engineering problems. The projects will be industry-related. However, university-based projects may be acceptable. The students are expected to use various kinds of study (e.g. laboratory work, field studies and literature survey) as required. Teamwork is highly encouraged in the project.
On completion of this unit, students should:
- Be able to develop a project brief working independently but under staff supervision
- Be able to plan and execute a project
- Be able to document the findings in the form of a formal report
- Be able to present their findings orally.
12 hours per week
See also Unit timetable information
Completion of 120 points