0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Penny Round (Semester 1)
- First semester 2017 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2017 (Flexible)
This unit is only available to primary and secondary teachers registered in Australia who are undertaking professional experience in courses 4216 Master in Inclusive and Special Education, and D6002 Master of Education in Inclusive and Special Education. Students complete the required number of days and the activities specified in the professional experience guide for this unit. Students' learning is supported by professional experience advisers and tutors (or relevant academic staff in the Faculty of Education) and by teacher mentors in the education setting in which they are placed. This unit tracks the requirements for completing professional experience for the relevant course.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- complete the required number of days of professional experience and the activities specified in the professional experience guide for this unit
- develop a professional experience folder which records their planning of lessons and self-reflections on their developing professional practice and learning
- achieve a satisfactory level of progress in their development as teachers in line with the requirements outlined in the professional experience guide and the practicum report from the students' teaching mentor/s and University professional experience advisers and tutors (or relevant academic staff).
45 days of appropriate practical experiences, including a minimum of 30 days of supervised special education school experience in a variety of settings
This unit is graded pass grade only (PGO).
Students enrolled in this unit must complete learning outcomes 1, 2 and 3 in order to gain a pass grade only assessment. Students must complete and document their learning with detailed records of their planning and reflection on their practice during their professional experience.
Students must either attend on-campus briefing sessions as required or take responsibility to view the online recorded version of professional experience briefing sessions for their course. Students must attend their professional experience days and meet the required number of days as outlined in the professional experience guide.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Registration as, or eligibility to be registered as, a primary or secondary teacher in Australia.