0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
The second offering runs from 24/07/2017 to 25/05/2018.
This is a unit for professional experience in counselling. Students complete the required number of hours and the activities specified in the professional experience guide for this unit. Students' learning is supported by professional experience advisers, supervisors and lecturers. This unit tracks the requirements for completing professional experience in the course and during supervised placement in the field.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- develop advanced knowledge and skills in professional practice and competency
- gain experience in the implementation of ethical principles in field practice
- complete a professional log book and case notes
- make appropriate specialist and agency referrals
- gain an advanced knowledge of local human services systems
- understand legal and ethical principles relevant to the field of counselling.
250 hours, comprised of at least 160 contact hours and 90 non-contact hours are recorded in the student's log book of clinical professional experience.
This unit is graded pass grade only (PGO).
Student must achieve a pass for both of these elements:
Field supervisor evaluation of placement performance
University supervisor evaluation of log book
Students must attend their clinical professional experience placements and meet the required number of hours as outlined in the professional experience guide for this unit.
See also Unit timetable information