6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 to First semester 2018 (Flexible)
This unit develops students' capacities to generate and analyse evidence as a basis of education leadership practice. Through practice, students investigate issues of relevance within school contexts. They design and implement small-scale interventions to enhance school improvement and to develop their personal leadership capability. The project articulates its design elements, includes a critical review of relevant evidence and presents findings through analysis of data. Through critical reflection, students consider the application of the project findings to the core work of leadership within education settings.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- develop and reflect on their evolving leadership practices and ongoing professional learning in relation to the Australian Professional Standard for Principals
- use deep knowledge of teaching and learning to initiate, support and evaluate a strategic area for school improvement
- activate improvement through innovation and change
- analyse, appraise and synthesise data and evidence from varied sources
- identify and communicate key findings to varied stakeholders.
Team Leadership Project (2000 words or equivalent, 50%)
Capstone Leadership Project (2000 words or equivalent, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Intensives: 3 days
- Additional requirements (all students):
- Online activities (synchronous and asynchronous) up to the remaining expected workload hours.
See also Unit timetable information
Enrolment in Graduate Certificate of Principal Preparation (Victoria)