3 points, SCA Band 1, 0.0625 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
In this unit, students extend their experience in the secondary school context with a focus on the practice of teaching in their curriculum specialism areas. A range of specific teaching approaches are developed within the teaching and learning relationship, including lesson planning, observation, assessment and reflection and evaluation of practice. Within the context of this unit, pre-service teachers are supported to apply their developing pedagogy, their understandings, knowledge and skills of teaching in a safe and inclusive learning environment under the guidance of a supervising teacher within a school.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- link their theoretical understandings of pedagogy and curriculum to teaching practice
- become familiar with a variety of resources to create rich and engaging learning environments
- identify assessment processes and procedures to support students' learning
- reflect on and respond to advice from their supervising teacher and University staff
- develop critical awareness of relevant curriculum documents
- utilise a range of teaching approaches in diverse learning environments
- undertake a range of teacher responsibilities
- develop and sustain professional working relationships with colleagues.
EDF4733 and EDF4734 together require 25 days of placement.
This unit is graded pass grade only (PGO).
Satisfactory completion of supervised practicum program of between 10 and 15 days, to a combined total of up to 25 days for EDF4733 and EDF4734
Practicum experience portfolio part 2B (1000 words equivalent)
Students are expected to participate in introductory sessions, practicum and debriefing sessions
See also Unit timetable information