6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit prepares students to enter the profession. They continue to develop their ability to become reflective professionals monitoring their own thoughts and actions. They gain an understanding of employment opportunities, processes and organisational and work conditions. Students gain an appreciation for the importance of emotional, physical, social and spiritual wellbeing. They learn strategies to balance work and life commitments. They have a conscious understanding of themselves as professionals, their relationships with others and the importance of continuing their professional learning.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- continue to be reflective professionals
- confidently seek employment
- apply strategies to manage their own wellbeing and appreciate the significance of others' wellbeing
- understand and articulate their identity as professionals entering the profession.
Managing wellbeing (2000 words or equivalent, 50%)
Multimodal autobiography (2000 words, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- 24 contact hours per semester
- Additional requirements
- independent study to make up the minimum required hours per week including readings, completion of set tasks and self-directed learning
See also Unit timetable information