6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit locates students in the life and culture of the school. It prepares them for professional practice by giving them the opportunities to plan and implement whole programs, design and manage learning environments and develop professional relationships with students, other colleagues, parents and the wider community. Utilising information and communication technologies (ICTs) in planning for and delivering sessions forms part of this unit. The professional placement enables students to refine and research their own practice and recognise what constitutes best practice in the profession.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- plan, implement and evaluate learning programs
- design and manage learning environments
- develop professional relationships with students
- liaise with colleagues, parents and community bodies
- document their professional learning and experience.
For double degree courses: 20 days' placement; for Bachelor of Primary Education (Gippsland and Peninsula): 20 days' placement; Middle school option: 5 days' placement (plus 15 days' placement to be completed in a secondary setting)
This unit is graded pass grade only (PGO).
Successful completion of placement and allied tasks (2000 words, 50%)
A portfolio (2000 words equivalent, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload comprises:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- 20 days per semester of professional placement
- Additional requirements
- limited number of seminar days and in-school tutorials
See also Unit timetable information