6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
In this unit students construct, implement and evaluate learning experiences through engaging with and exchanging different forms of knowledge, including the arts, language and numeracy. Students participate in research that involves critical engagements with a range of sign systems. Commonalities between the arts and numeracy are established including colour, shape, line, form, tone, space, rhythm, time, texture, tactility, motion and various approaches to problem solving. Students examine, critique and design interdisciplinary and integrated curriculum.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- develop an understanding of integrated curriculum as a pedagogy
- critique integrated curriculum as a pedagogy
- design, plan and evaluate integrated learning experiences for a range of learners
- show an understanding of the connections between the arts, language and numeracy in an educational context.
Research project (2000 words equivalent, 50%)
Integrated unit of work (2000 words equivalent, 50%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours for on-campus students:
- 1-hour lectures
- 2-hour tutorials
- Additional requirements
- independent study to make up the minimum required hours per week
See also Unit timetable information