0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit monitors primary and secondary professional experience in the Bachelor of Education (Honours). Students complete the required number of days and the activities specified in the unit guide. Students' learning is supported by relevant academic staff in the Faculty of Education, and by teacher mentors in the education setting in which they are placed.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- complete the required number of days of professional experience and the activities specified in the professional experience guide
- attain a Beginner standard of proficiency against Standards 1 and 2 of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the Graduate Teacher level and make progress towards Beginner proficiency on all other standards
- document their professional learning through means such as a professional experience folder which records lesson planning and self-reflections
- complete an evaluation on their developing practice.
10 days in primary setting
This unit is graded pass grade only (PGO).
Students enrolled in this unit must complete learning outcomes 1 to 4, in order to gain a pass grade only assessment. This means students must achieve a satisfactory report and complete documentation and evaluation of their learning as required, including maintaining detailed records of their planning and reflection on their practice during their professional experience.
Students must either attend on-campus briefing sessions as required or take responsibility to view the online recorded version of professional experience briefing sessions for their course. Students must attend their professional experience days and meet the required number of days as outlined in the professional experience guide.
See also Unit timetable information