6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Jonathan Li (Clayton)
Dr Narayanan Ramakrishnan (Malaysia)
Together with ECE4095 Project B, this unit is a challenging opportunity to pursue independently an individual project and is likely to require extended effort. The two units together normally include a preparatory literature survey and developmental work such as design, construction and programming. Students choose a project that interests them, and are assigned to a team of two supervising staff members.
At the successful completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound technical knowledge of their selected project topic.
- Demonstrate problem identification, formulation and solution.
- Design and evaluate engineering solutions to complex problems utilising a systems approach.
- Plan, execute and assess an engineering project.
- Generate professional written reports and oral presentations to communicate project outcomes to engineering colleagues and the community at large
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes of a professional engineer.
Panel assessment of the achievement of the student in the project, as evidenced by a presentation, a poster and a written report (100%)
12 hours per week working on the project
See also Unit timetable information
ECE3091 or completion of 132 credit points