0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Psychological Sciences
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- First semester 2017 (Off-campus Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Off-campus Day)
The DPsych program has established a network of placements in a variety of settings within which students can receive appropriate practica training. The practica coordinator and staff at the agency arrange the placements. Student preferences, practica availability and student training needs are taken account of in this process. Which agency and supervisor, number of days for the practica and also the commencement and completion dates are specified. Students are not permitted to negotiate their own practica or change any practica arrangements without first obtaining approval from the University Practica Coordinator.
By the end of the advanced practicum, students' skills should be extended to:
- include management of individuals identified with serious and difficult problems;
- independently develop and deliver intervention strategies across a range of areas which reflect an understanding of the current psychological principles and how these can be implemented within service delivery systems.
- utilise a full understanding of the complexities of provision of services should be apparent with evidence of appreciation of the wider context in which the client operates and in which the service is provided.
Placement Contract (Hurdle)
Mid-placement Review (Hurdle)
Student Diary (Hurdle)
Student Case/Logbook (Hurdle)
Supervisor Logbook (Hurdle)
Final Student Assessment Report (Hurdle)
Final Supervisor Assessment Report (Hurdle)
Participate in OSCE (Hurdle)
Clinical Report (Hurdle)
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
DPSY5299 and DPSY6199
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology or Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology