0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Psychological Sciences
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Students will observe oral case presentations given by experienced clinicians and other students and will present their own cases. They will be exposed to a variety of different presentation styles designed to cater for specific audiences and will learn to evaluate case material in an objective and critical manner. They will participate in discussions of clinical issues and recent developments in the field of Clinical Neuropsychology and will be challenged to remain informed about such developments and issues.
The primary aim of this unit is to provide students with an opportunity to observe and practice giving oral presentations of case material. A secondary aim is to provide a forum in which students can discuss other professional issues of interest to them.
On completion of the unit students will:
- be proficient in summarising and presenting case material relative to assessment and management in an oral format suitable for a number of different audiences, ranging from hospital to rehabilitative settings, through to the medico-legal forum to other colleagues to lay persons;
- participate confidently and productively in case discussions;
- be informed about current issues in the field of Clinical neuropsychology;
- be familiar with case material drawn from a number of different settings.
Class contributions (25%)
Oral presentation (75%)
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology