6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit offers students an option to complete a unit by way of a research project. The project requires a student to undertake guided research on a topic taken from a business law and taxation unit.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- analyse various methodological approaches to business law
- identify an area in the contemporary commercial environment that presents business law or taxation issues
- research, analyse and evaluate those issues using the methodologies previously studied
- construct a framework to discuss the results
- prepare and present a research paper.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must have passed 12 credit points from units owned by the Department of Business Law and Taxation.