6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit allows students to develop laboratory research skills in the interdisciplinary field of pharmacological chemistry. Students will undertake a laboratory project involving both chemistry and pharmacology and will spend time in both chemistry and pharmacology laboratories.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Design and conduct experiments;
- Identify, use and critically evaluate research literature;
- Conduct interdisciplinary projects composed of chemistry and pharmacology;
- Implement safe working practices with chemicals, radio-isotopes, and biological materials;
- Make oral presentations and write reports covering both chemistry and pharmacology.
Written reports: 80%
Oral reports: 20%
Six hours of supervised laboratory work and six hours of self-directed study
See also Unit timetable information
At least 18 points of level three chemistry (including the prerequisite 12 points) and PHA3042