6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Evening)
- Second semester 2017 (Evening)
This unit requires students to formulate a research topic on a business law related area of study and complete an approximately 8,000 word research project. Seminars will be conducted at which students will present progress and final reports on their research projects. The seminars will also include practical research and academic skills sessions.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- enable students to apply acquired analytical legal skills to a research project of their choice
- acquire in depth knowledge and a critical interest in a business law area
- demonstrate legal research and presentation skills and the ability to critically analyse legal issues have been acquired
- develop and further build upon general legal research and academic skills
- further build upon presentation skills, both verbal and written, involving the communication of abstract ideas.
Research project (8,000 words): 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
It is recommended that this unit be undertaken in the last semester of study for the Master of Business Law.