6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Liability for defective products; liability for misleading advice or information; contract law; agency law; partnership law; introduction to company law; company officers' duties.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- examine common commercial law scenarios relating to: the supply of defective goods and services; contract disputes; misrepresentations; agency relationships; partnership law; and company law
- identify legal problems and risks which arise in those scenarios
- describe the laws relevant to those scenarios
- analyse and apply the laws to predict possible legal outcomes.
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students enrolled in course code 0816 must be granted permission to undertake this unit.
Students must be enrolled in course 1941, 2224, 2552, 3173, 4423 or 4436 to undertake this unit.