6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Evening)
Topics include the credit risk assessment process; accounting fundamentals; reading financial statements (including ratio analysis); using budgeted financial statements (including breakeven analysis, what-if analysis and variance analysis); creative accounting; technical accounting update; business structures; current issues in insolvency and loan security.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop an understanding of the basic principles governing bank lending
- develop an understanding of the framework within which bank lending decisions are made
- develop an understanding of the analysis of financial statement of a company
- develop analytical skills with regard to the management of credit risk and its measurement techniques
- develop an understanding of new bank lending product development and its marketing
- demonstrate in an individual summative assessment task the acquisition of a comprehensive understanding of the topics covered by BFF5914.
First semester -
Within semester assessment: 30% + Examination: 70%
Second semester -
Within semester assessment: 40% + Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information