0 points, SCA Band 3, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- discuss and apply the process of product design
- select an appropriate model to solve client problems
- recognise the importance of capital
- apply relevant approaches and techniques to the valuation of liabilities
- apply appropriate techniques to the pricing of products and contracts
- measure, report and manage solvency
- measure and report emerging profits and/or costs
- monitor and assess experience
- manage the business and respond to the experience.
Within semester assessment: 40% Examination: 60%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information