12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Mr Laurence Caromba (semester 1)
Mr Charles Villet (semester 2)
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Under the guidance of an allocated supervisor, students will complete a research proposal. The research proposal will be compiled on an approved topic related to the student's chosen area of specialization. Students will meet with their supervisor on a regular basis and will be required to submit bi-monthly reports on proposal related writing assignments.
- Design a research proposal under the supervision of an academic supervisor.
- Identify a research problem, goals and questions.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and sustain an argument within the proposal.
- Critically assess relevant primary and secondary literature in support of the dissertation topic and argument.
- Critically assess and review relevant theories for the theoretical framework of the proposal.
- Identify the research approaches and methodological issues relevant to the selected topic.
- Address ethics and ethical clearance application issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methodological approaches and design and development requirements in a particular sub-discipline under investigation.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
ATS4778, AZA4311, AZA4740