12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
The study in depth of a particular topic in literature, culture, society or linguistics, or, in exceptional circumstances, a subject taken in a cognate discipline. Students should consult with the honours coordinator.
After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of their chosen topic;
- identify the key sources relevant to the topic;
- develop a research proposal based on those sources;
- write a detailed research report; More generally students are expected to develop their abilities to:
- devise and conceptualise a research project;
- develop a viable research strategy; and
- present logical, coherent arguments.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Spanish and Latin American studies
English as an international language
Acceptance into the relevant language Honours program