6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
As for ATS2584
Upon successful completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding relations between indigenes and Europeans in Australia.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the epistemological issues and problems evident in the study of Australian Aboriginal History.
- Think critically and communicate effectively. Specifically to:
- develop a topic for investigation
- show an awareness of both the diversity of interpretations of the past, and the nature of such forms of knowledge
- familiarise oneself with a range of sources
- display precision in argument and documentation
- recognise and be able to present a logically ordered argument.
Within semester assessment: 75% + Exam: 25%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Twelve credit points of second-year Arts units.