6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
Advanced conversation and composition, as well as systematic study of the selected aspects of Ukrainian literature, history, and culture.
- Students on completing this unit should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of Ukrainian grammar based on D.S. Struk, Ukrainian for Undergraduates
- Students should have acquired vocabulary relating to selected subjects from everyday life
- They should be able to read, write, speak and understand standard Ukrainian correctly at the level of non-technical communication
- Students should also have gained a thorough understanding of the selected topics in Ukrainian literature, history and culture, a detailed knowledge of the selected texts in their context, and intermediate skills in literary and historical analysis and criticism.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information